Position: Network Analyst/Engineer
Location: Norcross, GA
Hours: 8-9 hours daily (business hours are 8-5 M-F but position may require occasional work during non-business hours)
This position’s primary responsibility will be to configure, test, install, document and troubleshoot customer’s network solutions. The Network Engineer responsibilities include, local or remote configuration of WAN and security devices, and remote installation of WAN equipment including routers, firewalls, switches, modems, load balancers, and WAN acceleration equipment from various vendors: Predominantly Cisco, Sonicwall, Juniper, Netscreen, Radware, Adtran, etc. Must be able to converse talk technically and non-technically depending on the situation. The position’s responsibilities include:
- Local and/or remote configuration of WAN equipment, security devices and wireless infrastructures (access points)
- Coordination, guidance and phone support of a field technician who will be on-site performing the hands-on work (e.g. wiring, racking, equipment relocation, etc.)
- Multi-site installations will be performed daily and sometimes simultaneously
Additionally, the Network Engineer acts as a level 2/3 support for escalations from ADCom’s Network Operations Center (NOC) team. The Network Engineer is required to be an active participant in the trouble ticketing system for more than 5,000 managed WAN, and managed security sites with communications infrastructure varying in size from Fractional T1’s to DS3, and employing technologies like MPLS, Frame Relay, Multilink Frame Relay, ATM, ATM/IMA, Point-to-Point, ISDN, Ethernet, and various broadband technologies (DSL, cable & 3G/4G cellular).
The candidate for this position will effectively utilize prior education and recent relevant work experience to make an immediate, independent contribution to the project team. During the interview process, the candidate must demonstrate past situations requiring judgment utilizing defined standard practices and procedures to configure, install, analyze, troubleshoot, modify, and implement, local, networked, or internet-related infrastructures. Candidate must be able to converse technically and non-technically depending on the situation.
- The Network Engineer must have a minimum of 2 years of practical WAN/LAN experience and must be extremely well versed in TCP/IP, networking standards, networking principles and the rules/best practices of network design.
- Must have experience and expertise with routing concepts and protocols and troubleshooting network routing and interconnection issues.
- Must be knowledgeable in NAT, access-lists, policy based mapping, traffic shaping, and priority queuing.
- Knowledge and experience of WAN equipment including routers, firewalls, switches, modems and load balancers from various vendors (predominantly SonicWall, Cisco, Juniper, Adtran, and Riverbed).
- Ability to support remote installations: Ability to visualize systems and environments, remotely access, converse with on-site technicians and test/verify pre-defined operational success criteria.
- Practical experience with DNS/DHCP, VLANs, InterVLAN routing, and wireless LAN infrastructures.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, network/transport protocols and standard application layer protocols.
- Must be able to recognize faults in design, work with Systems Engineers and other Network Engineers to over come faults, and be able to succinctly document issues and explain solutions to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills to collaborate with internal and external customers.
- Large enterprise LAN/WAN environment or telecommunications company experience.
- Must be at least minimally familiar with security related terms, and technologies, such encryption, authentication, Ipsec, VPN tunnels including GRE, and controlling traffic.
- VoIP knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Experience with Application Performance Management (APM) technology and toolsets (e.g. Opnet)
- Strong process improvement and customer focused skills.
- Ability to stringently follow a scripted installation, test and turn-up process but show flexibility and nimbleness when problems are encountered.
- Superb documentation skills and patience.
- Please note – ADCom is a drug-free company and a drug-test is mandatory before employment.
- Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S., ADCom will not sponsor visas.
- ADCom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Local candidates only, no relocation assistance.
Additional Highlights to be discussed during interview(s):
- There may be a hands-on technical test.
- There may be a written test.
- The candidate can provide examples of networks he/she has designed, implemented, or configured.