The NOC Analyst’s primary responsibility will be to pick up and work customer’s network (WAN/LAN) related trouble tickets to successful completion. Primary responsibility is the detection, tracking and restoration of customer’s network connectivity via their data circuits and/or equipment. The Analyst will need to have the ability to remotely troubleshoot and configure WAN equipment including routers, firewalls, switches, and load balancers from various vendors; predominantly Cisco, Meraki, SonicWall, Juniper, CradlePoint, Adtran, CloudGenix, VeloCloud etc. The NOC Analyst will need to be able to converse with both technical and non-technical contacts depending on the situation.
The NOC Analyst is required to be an active participant in the incident and problem management (using a proprietary trouble ticketing system) for more than 6,000 managed WAN interfaces and managed security sites with circuits varying in size from T1’s to DS3 which employing technologies such as AVPN, ADI, MPLS, Multilink T1s, Ethernet, Cellular and Broadband. SimplicIT monitoring is being integrated into ADCom’s NOC services so experience supporting enterprise applications in one form or another is highly desired.
The NOC Analyst will be interacting with customers on a regular basis and is an advocate for all customers with whom he/she is working and who have subscribed to ADCom’s Managed Network Services. This position requires the candidate to be very diplomatic and sensitive to the various personalities of the customers.
The successful candidate for this position will effectively utilize prior education and demonstrated work experience to make an immediate, independent contribution to the Network Operations Center team. Initial work hours are currently 0800 – 1700 Monday through Friday and are subject to revision as staffing needs change. The NOC is operated 7x24x365 so the position will require some shift rotation to cover holidays, and other normal scheduling/manpower issues. Flexibility to work any shift as needed is required.
- Minimum of 2 years WAN/LAN implementation and support/troubleshooting experience
- Well versed in TCP/IP protocols and be able to troubleshoot issues remotely
- Demonstrable experience with routing, and troubleshooting routing issues with BGP, IGRP, RIP, and OSPF
- Must be knowledgeable in NAT, access-lists, policy based mapping, traffic shaping, and priority queuing
- Must have supported data networks and telecommunications functions in mid-size enterprise including:
- VPN, ADI, MPLS, Ethernet, Cellular, Broadband, Wireless (WWAN), Multilink T1s
- Must have experience in command line configuration using two or more of the following product lines:
- Cisco, Sonicwall, Juniper, Adtran
- Knowledgeable with DNS, DHCP, VRRP, HSRP, VLANs, and InterVLAN routing.
- Knowledge of Network monitoring & traffic capturing tools (e.g. WireShark, Zenoss)
- Must be at least minimally familiar with security related terms, and technologies, encryption, authentication, IPsec, VPN tunnels including GRE, and controlling traffic
- VoIP knowledge and experience is a plus
- Ability to interact, communicate and collaborate with internal/external customers, service providers and field technicians
- Large enterprise LAN/WAN environment or telecommunications company experience preferred
- Superb communication, verbal and documentation skills
- Strong process improvement and customer focused skills
- ADCom is a drug-free company and a drug-test is mandatory before employment
- Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S., ADCom will not sponsor visas
- ADCom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Local candidates only, no relocation assistance